Lease for a bigger rebate, then buy out in 4 months? - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-03-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lease for a bigger rebate, then buy out in 4 months?

New to the forum, looking at a new 2016 Ram Rebel. Visited a dealer today.

The dealer is suggesting that I lease the truck (and get a bigger $8500 rebate) vs buy (only get $5000 rebate). Then in 4 months do a lease buy out. Pay like ~$1000 in fees total, but make $2500 overall.
Have you seen this? Seems sketchy and lots of unknown about the lease buy out, hidden costs, double financing, etc. Rates could jump in the next 4 months leaving me screwed.

Hope you can help me, Thanks
post #2 of 8 Old 12-03-2016, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Garage
I don't have any experience with buying out a lease early like that. I would call the leasing company though and confirm with them the possibility of doing this and if there would be any other fees assessed that possibly the dealership isn't telling you about. To me it just sounds too goo to be true. I have known dealerships to not be 100 percent honest and just telling the customer what they want to hear to just get your business.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd
2007 Nitro Bass Boat (my favorite ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 8 Old 12-04-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

FYI, After posting in other forums, I have learned that what I had was not a 4sq, just a printout of info on price and tradein, etc. But the question still remains the same.

Thanks

post #4 of 8 Old 12-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
No. A dealer never has your best interest in mind. There is obviously some special incentive for them to sell leases right now over straight up buys so they are steering you where they want you.

If you want to buy a truck, negotiate what you are willing to pay.
If you want to lease a truck, negotiate what you are willing to pay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
That's odd. I just bought my 2017 Rebel 10 days ago, and the incentives weren't great, but good. I still got $8,500 off mine. To finance a 2016 model had the huge savings. A 53k sticker, you can get for 43-44k, plus 0% financing up to 72 months.

Maybe look further out of your area. The deals for 2016 models are out there.

2017 RAM Rebel|Black - aFe Dry Filter, DiodeDynamics HID Kit, Oil Catch Can, LED License Plate/Backup Lights, Dual Liner Full Bed Cover, WeatherTech Mud Guards
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat|A8|Granite|Ruby&Black
2017 Audi Q7|PP|Graphite Crystal Metallic/Brown
post #6 of 8 Old 12-06-2016, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Worked on a deal today with a dealer. Didn't close yet, trying for more/unsure if I will buy.
MSRP 52,500ish ~%20 off MSRP was negotiated price with rebates&discounts. Then tax/title/lic.
It's only the beginning of the month vs end, and the 2016's are becoming less and less.

Thoughts
post #7 of 8 Old 12-07-2016, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
20% off MSRP is the Ram Days discount from Dodge that dealers can apply to 'aged' inventory on the lot. Sounds like a fine price to me.

post #8 of 8 Old 01-16-2017, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a brief FAQ about leasing system: truck1.eu/leasing
And after some research of yours it would be nice to compare a couple of offers of leasing companies, since their conditions differ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page